Each Lokken College Certified program allows you to develop: Academic skills, Career Path Management skills, Employment Retention skills and Computer skills.
Certified programs include Occupation-Specific skills a work internship and 6 months of follow up support (after you are employed).
You can browse specific program streams further down the page and select the right fit for your career goal.
Limited seats left for April starts.
- For Hospitality, Industrial, and Retail learners, this portion consists of preparation for the General Education Diploma Exam.
- For Industrial Apprenticeship learners, this portion consists of academic preparation for the 1st Period Apprenticeship Exam.
Career Path Management
- Money and Budgeting
- Group Dynamics
- Occupational Health & Wellness / Addictions
- Conflict Resolution
- Intrapersonal & Interpersonal Management
- Managing Change
- Risk Management
- Anger Management
- Stress Management
- Time Management
- Introduction to Career Planning
- Cover Letter
- Work Search Techniques
- What Employers Want
- Interviewing Skills
- Learners develop the skills needed to maintain employment and take advantage of opportunities for career advancement that arise from employment.
Basic Computer Skills
- Computer Basics
- Web Browsers
- This portion is specific to each program stream and prepares learners for the workplace.
Five Week Integrated Work Internship
- Learners gain valuable work experience directly related to their career goal.
Follow Up Support & Services
- 3 months after graduation
- 6 months after graduation
Certified Hospitality PersonnelPrepare for your General Education Diploma and complete your
emerit National Professional Certification to work as a:
- Line Cook
- Food and Beverage Server
- Front Desk Agent
- Housekeeping Room Attendant
Apply online to take the first step toward your new hospitality career.
Certified Industrial PersonnelPrepare for your General Education Diploma and complete any required
safety training to work in:
- Petrochemical & Pipeline
- General Construction
- Public Works
- Pulp & Paper
Apply online and take the first step toward your new industrial career.
Certified Industrial Personnel (Apprenticeship)Prepare for your 1st Period Apprenticeship Exam and complete any required safety
training to work in:
- Any Alberta trade or designated occupation.
Apply online to take the first step toward your new career in the trades.
Certified Retail PersonnelPrepare for your General Education Diploma and complete Retail Professionalism
Training to work in:
- Store management
- Visual Merchandising (Window Displays, POS Displays)
Apply online and take the first step toward your new retail career.